To apply for a programme at the University of Luxembourg, candidates must comply with the general eligibility criteria for the chosen programme type and be selected by the study programme based on the quality of their application.
The Programme at a glance – 120 ECTS
Duration:2 years / 4 sem
Admissions for 2024-2025 open on 1 February 2024
Fees:200€/ sem. (semester 1)
Format:Full-time programme (Part-time student status allowed)
Specific information for this programme
Diverse academic backgrounds will be considered, as long as a strong mathematical background is demonstrated, such as:
• Bachelor in Mathematics (at least 180 ECTS) or similar,
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Natural Sciences (at least 180 ECTS) with strong mathematics component demonstrated by a substantial choice of modules and very good performance.
Questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must prepare the following documents before proceeding with their online application to the Master in Mathematics:
- A cover letter in English detailing their interest in the courses and their study objectives
- A detailed CV
- A copy of their Bachelor’s diploma and relevant grades or similar document for another equivalent diploma
- A photo
- A copy of their identification documents/passport
Applicants are considered individually by the Admissions’ Board of the Master in Mathematics. They are selected based on academic merit, on their application file and, in particular cases, on an interview.
Applications / Re-registrations must include the four Master in Mathematics semesters. Admissions for the second or third semester onwards are only accepted in exceptional cases when the classes taken abroad are comparable to those taught during the first and second semesters at the University of Luxembourg.