A place to live
- Students enrolled in a Bachelors, Masters or Doctoral degree at the University of Luxembourg following a full-time study programme. Part-time students or families with children are not eligible.
- Note: Students who have changed their course of study and have reached the maximum duration of stay in their original programme will not be offered rental contracts.
- Incoming students as part of an exchange programme (limited to the duration of their exchange stay)
- European exchange programme such as Erasmus, European interuniversity agreements;
- an exchange programme outside Europe: Global exchange. e.g. CanSys or Fulbright;
- outside any exchange programme: Freemover.
- Students returning from mobility
No guaranteed housing
The number of requests for housing, especially at the beginning of the academic year (September) and at the beginning of the summer semester (February), is very high and exceeds our capacity. This is why the University of Luxembourg cannot guarantee housing for all our students. We strongly recommend that applicants look for other alternatives.
We advise exploring options such as the following links (please note that the University has no partnerships or relationships with these providers and does not endorse their services)
- genimmo.lu (email@example.com)
- Wunnraum fir Stagiairen
Please note that students from non-EU countries must reside in Luxembourg.
Students with EU citizenship who are considering accommodation in the border areas of France and Belgium can also consult the following links:
The rooms are allocated to eligible applicants based on availability, if possible in proximity to their study location. It is not possible to choose a specific residence or a location. You will, however, be able to indicate which room type you would like to apply for.
Our room types
The University offers different types of furnished accommodation
Type 1 and Type 2
Type 1. Shared bathroom and kitchen: average surface: 15 m2
Type 2. Private bathroom, shared kitchen: average surface: 19 m2
Type 3 and Type 4
Private bathroom and kitchen
Type 3. Single: average surface: 24 m2
Type 4. Double (only for a couple): average surface: 35 m2
Kitchen/Living room, bathroom and one bedroom
Type 5. (only for a couple): average surface: 44 m2
For people with reduced mobility
For people with reduced mobility, a total of 49 single rooms with shared or private bathroom as well as studio apartments for singles or couples are available in 8 residences.
For university accommodation, a minimum monthly rental budget is required:
- 450€ per month for Bachelors and Masters, Incoming
- 700€ per month for salaried doctoral students
Luxembourg has elevated living costs, which you should consider when setting up your personal budget.