Study and career opportunities
The Master of Science in Civil Engineering – Megastructure Engineering with Sustainable Resources graduates can work world-wide as civil engineers. Jobs are available in a wide range of structures: engineering consultancies, contractors, dredgers, governmental, and railway organisations.
- Analyse complex problems in structural and environmental civil engineering, and plan their resolution
- Solve complex problems using up-to-date knowledge and design methods
- Broadly understand several areas of civil engineering and their interrelations
- Effectively use the design methods in the Eurocodes in standard and non-standard situations, in structural and environmental civil engineering
- Solve problems not covered by the standard regulations and codes
- Approach other related knowledge areas and recognise interconnections
- Work as part of a team or independently
- Provide detailed and overarching solutions to complex full-scale problems, applying a range of concepts, computational techniques, and engineering methods
- Function professionally, demonstrate open-mindedness, dynamism, competence, a sense of responsibility, and take leadership if needed
- Manage risks appropriately, handle failure constructively
- Develop personal and professional qualities
- Communicate with diverse construction sector audiences clearly, unambiguously, and exhaustively on engineering and technical solutions, design analysis, conclusions, and the underlying rationale.
Graduates from the Master of Science in Civil Engineering – Megastructure Engineering with Sustainable Resources can continue with a PhD in Engineering at the University of Luxembourg.
Graduates can work as civil engineers in a variety of professional environments: engineering consultancies, contractors, dredgers, administrations, governmental, and railway organisations. They can also be found in the environment of construction sites, and as part of international teams.