Study and career opportunities
Saar-Lor-Lux Bachelor in Physics graduates – with their triple diploma, and extensive international experience – are uniquely prepared to work anywhere in the world.
They may also pursue their studies with a Master.
Students enrolled in the Saar-Lor-Lux Bachelor in Physics acquire the fundamental knowledge necessary to understand the physical phenomena governing the universe which includes. At the end of the Bachelor, students are able to:
- Can explain and apply the principles and laws of the key areas in physics, and understand their societal, social, and ethical consequences
- Master the methodology of physics
- Are aware of the exemplary of the acquired knowledge and the need to continuously develop it
- Can work in multilingual and international scientific team environments
- Can apply appropriate mathematical tools for the resolution of problems emerging in physics
- Can apply the elementary techniques used in experimental physics
- Handle failure constructively
- Have demonstrated a capacity for adaptation
- Show critical judgement while interpreting results from experiment or theory
- Have basic knowledge in solid-state physics, soft matter physics, statistical physics, and advanced quantum mechanics
- Have successfully completed a scientific project in the field of physics and start to take on the role of a lead scientist
- Present scientific results in a written form or orally striving for clarity, accuracy, and rigour
- Have skills in various complementary areas, like physics didactics, programming, or languages
- Have strong international experience, and a wide-ranging network
The main opportunity for graduates from the Bachelor Saar-Lor-Lux in Physics is to continue with a Master. At the University of Luxembourg, we offer the Master of Science in Physics and the Master Saar-Lor-Lux-Gre in Physics.