Study and career opportunities
MADS graduates are trained as both mathematicians and computer scientists. They have a unique profile at the intersection between the two disciplines. They generally become data scientists.
Jobs are available in the public sector, higher education institutions, banks, and industries, such as Statec, Amazon, PwC, Loria, LIST, Doctena, SES ASTRA S.A.
Graduates may also choose to pursue their studies via a Doctoral Programme.
- Deploy and understand statistical methods
- Apply relevant tools to manage database structuresExpress opinions based on scientific and ethical considerations.
- Understand fundamental and specialised fields of information technology
- Analyse complex problems from other scientific and technological fields and strategise their resolution
- Explore and exploit large, complex databases
- Develop mathematical and computer models for complex systems
- Optimise static/dynamic multi-objective and multi-stress problems
- Assess the risks of errors based on available information.
Graduates from the Master in Data Science can continue with a PhD in Mathematics and Applications at the University of Luxembourg.
Graduates have jobs opportunities in various areas from insurance companies and banks to Big-Tech (Gafam)