Next promotion will open in September 2025
To apply for a programme at the University of Luxembourg, candidates must comply with the general eligibility criteria for the chosen programme type and be selected by the study programme based on the quality of their application.
The programme at a glance – 120 ECTS
Specific information for this programme
– A bachelor degree (180 ECTS) in gerontology or a related field (e.g. nursing, psychology, social work, medicine, geriatrics); or
– Formal qualification(s) in gerontology or related disciplines appearing on the register of certificates of academic education, higher education section, referred to in Article 68 of the Law of 28 October 2016 on the recognition of professional qualifications, corresponding to level six (6) of the framework of Luxembourg qualifications referred to in Article 69 of the aforementioned Law.
– For the validation of the acquired experience referred to in Article 33(1) of the Law, that does not meet the conditions defined in Article 32 of the Law, the following shall be taken into account:
– Relevant higher education studies previously undertaken by the candidate; and
– Acquired professional experience corresponding to the pursuit, whether or not continuous, for a cumulative period of at least three years of full-time equivalent professional activity; as an employee, self-employed person or volunteer in administrative, medical, socio-educational, psychosocial, gerontological or nursing fields.
Proficiency in French and German at B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
In addition to the documents required for the enrolment at the University of Luxembourg, students need to submit the following documents:
– a motivation letter
– a curriculum vitae that focuses on vocational and other training, functions and professional experiences
photocopies of diplomas and other supporting documents from previous training courses
Registration for the Master in Gérontologie opens every second year.
All candidates must undergo a preliminary selection interview which allows the study directors to evaluate whether the candidate meets the required profile and to clarify his/her personal motivations.
For general questions regarding applications, eligibility, course requirements, diploma, language, scholarship etc. Please visit:
For any questions regarding this programme, please send your request to: