More information Moving to Luxembourg

Authorisation to stay and Residence Permit

Please find all necessary information on the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs Website.

Each candidate must, upon arrival in Luxembourg, submit to the SEVE admissions office his Temporary Authorization to Stay (AST) issued by the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs. No registration can be finalised without this document.

Legal residents of Canada, the United States of America, and Mexico have to contact directly Ms Victoria Vieru :

Embassy of Luxembourg in the United States of America
2200 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W., Washington D.C., 20008
Tel. (+1) 202 265 4171 · Fax (+1) 202 328 8270
Embassy of Luxembourg in Washington

Renewal of residence permit

In order to renew a residence permit, non-EU nationals must apply to the Immigration Directorate of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs (Ministère des Affaires étrangères et européennes).

The application for renewal must be filed using a special form and must be accompanied by the documents specified by the Ministry.

Download the corresponding form called (in French) Demande en renouvellement d’un titre de séjour pour ressortissant de pays tiers en qualité de « étudiant ».