To apply for a programme at the University of Luxembourg, candidates must comply with the general eligibility criteria for the chosen programme type and be selected by the study programme based on the quality of their application.
The Programme at a glance – 120 ECTS
Duration:2 years / 4 sem
Admissions:EU: 1 Feb 2023 – 15 Jul 2023
Non-EU: 1 Feb 2023 – 30 Apr 2023
Fees:200€/ sem. (semester 1,2,3,4)
Format:Full-time programme (Part-time student status allowed)
Specific information for this programme
Candidates for admission to the Science in Civil Engineering – Megastructure Engineering with Sustainable Resources are required to hold a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field:
- Bachelor of Science (Academic / University degree) in “Civil Engineering” or generally in “Engineering” with a “Civil Engineering” graduation profile
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Professional* / Polytechnical degree) in “Civil Engineering”
Other students with a Bachelor degree can apply for the Master course if their level is at least the same as the students of the two groups mentioned above.
After an initial selection phase based on applications, candidates are either:
- definitively admitted on the basis of their ranking
- or subjected to a second selection phase consisting of an interview with an integrated specialized examination.
All information about language skills requirements and accepted certificates are available here: https://www.uni.lu/en/admissions/proof-of-language-skills/
You must prepare the following documents before proceeding with your online application to the Master of Science in Engineering – Master of Science in Civil Engineering – Megastructure Engineering with Sustainable Resources:
- Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) test scores (pdf document) no older than 3 years (ONLY for applicants applying with a diploma from a university situated outside the European Higher Education Area (https://www.ehea.info/page-members). The following minimum scores are required:
- Verbal reasoning = 150
- Quantitative reasoning = 155
- A PDF showing the GRE results must be attached. Furthermore, the University of Luxembourg must be able to also verify the GRE score via the ETS data manager: for this, the University of Luxembourg should be selected with the institution code “1173 University of Luxembourg – FSTM” as a score receiver when the test is taken. Applicants must have verifiable GRE results for acceptance.
- Letters of recommendation can be added as an option
- 1 ID photo
- 1 copy of ID or passport
- 1 copy (both sides) of health insurance / social security card + validity date (Non-EU students can get this in Luxembourg)
- 1 copy of the University diploma(s) including grading (+ official translation if another language than English)
- A one-page cover letter in English
- A detailed CV in English
- B2-certificate (or TOEFL) in English
Apply to the Master of Science in Civil Engineering – Megastructure Engineering with Sustainable Resources
EU students: February – July
Non-EU students: February – April