The University of Luxembourg is committed to gender equality as a matter of fairness and as a key tool to support academic excellence. We promote and advance gender equality through our Gender Equality Policy, which is designed to:
- promote gender diversity in research and academic careers;
- support women, as the underrepresented gender, in leadership positions;
- ensure that training, promotions and appraisal procedures for the University of Luxembourg employees are gender-responsive.
The Gender Equality Officer and the Gender Equality Committee lead the implementation of the Gender Equality Policy.
- Implicit biases (in practices, in procedures and in our minds) may persist despite the best intentions.
- The University supports parents in academia and more broadly it aims to create an environment where staff members can have a successful career and achieve work-life balance.
- The University commits to a professional environment with equal opportunity and fair treatment. We provide clear procedures to solve any discriminatory or harassment episode.
- Gender-inclusive communication avoids discriminatory and gendered words and expressions, masculine role titles, and stereotypes.
- Gender equality doubles the pool of talents, thus it is encouraged and supported in recruitment, detention and career opportunities.
- Teaching and research, related to gender, leads to social transformations with lasting effects in the mind of future generations.