In order to be definitively enroled at the University, any student must present a European health insurance card or any other proof of affiliation to a medical coverage indicating precisely the period of coverage. It must cover at least the duration of the semester for which the student is enroled at the University.
Affiliation to a statutory health insurance scheme
If the applicant does not have such insurance, he/she is invited to pay the fees at the same time as the registration fee directly with the University.
For candidates from third countries: this document is to be given upon their arrival in Luxembourg. In this case, the payment of the fees must be paid at the same time as the registration fee with the University.
It is the responsibility of the student to report any change in his or her personal situation during the course of his or her studies. Any change must be reported in writing to SEVE Admission by indicating in subject: Health insurance (change of address, student job, abandonment of studies, etc.) without delay.
In case you were double affiliated, for example fees paid at the University at the start of the semester, and a compulsory affiliation in regards to a student employment contract, see Refund in case of double affiliation.
Refund in case of double affiliation
In order to get a refund in case of a double social security affiliation (for example, fees paid at the University at the start of the semester, and a compulsory affiliation in regards to a student employment contract):
- For Winter Semester refunds, you have to wait until 15 February
(please introduce your request before 15 April for swifter handling.)
- For Summer Semester refunds, you have to wait until 15 September
(please introduce your request before 15 November for swifter handling.)
For a request regarding the current semester, you must wait until the official end of the semester.
You can then create a ticket on the Student Portal, under the “Social Security” tab and add the “Certificat d’affiliation” to your ticket.
This document is compulsory, and can be can requested:
The certificate must cover the entire semester:
- Winter semester: 15 September to 14 February
- Summer semester: 15 February to 14 September
We will then process the ticket, calculate the amount of the refund and add you to the list.
- Minimum refund is 1 month.
- Winter Semester length is 5 months – 4 full months (October, November, December, January) and 1 “composite month” (last half of September and first half of February).
- Summer Semester length is 7 months – 6 full months (March, April, May, June, July, August) and 1 “composite month” (first half of September and last half of February).
“Composite month” cannot be split.
- If the start of your work contract does not cover a full month, this month will not be refunded.
Example: A student who paid for CNS at Uni.lu for the full Winter Semester 15 September to 14 February and was covered by a job contract from 3 October to 14 February will receive the following refund:
3 months (November, December and January).
October is not a full double affiliated month, so it will not be refunded. We cannot take the first half of February into account, as it must be calculated with the last half of September to be refunded as a “composite” month.