Each profile has a set of required courses and a set of related (optional) courses associated with it. A student realises a profile if she/he has successfully validated all the required courses in a profile.
To obtain the master degree, a student must realise at least one profile. By limiting the number of required courses in each semester we ensure that the student can pursue multiple profiles if she/he desires so.
Note that the set of profiles is not static. Indeed additional profiles may be introduced to accommodate student, professor or industry needs.
Communication Systems profile
After successful completion of this profile the student will be able to
- Apply fundamental knowledge to a number of concrete scenarios
- Quickly adapt to new applied solutions despite rapidly moving technology shifts
- Synthesize new research ideas explaining and understanding the characteristics of modern communication systems
- Information Theory and Coding
- Quality of Service in Computer Networks
- Big Data Analytics
- Formal Methods
- Networked Feedback Systems
- Optimisation for Computer Science
- Coding Theory
- Selected Topics in Network and System Security
- Fault and Intrusion Tolerance
- Open Network Security
- Parallel and Grid Computing
- Technical Systems Modeling and Simulation