The Track in Digital Procurement prepares students for a career in global procurement organizations. It offers a unique combination of an academic education in operations management with the study of digitalization and its impact on procurement. The track is actively supported by the CPO Club, an organization composed of chief procurement officers from multiple multinational companies that operate their procurement organization from Luxembourg.
Upon successful completion of the track, students will have acquired the following competences, professional skills, and know-how:
• Understand key procurement concept (direct and indirect procurement, strategic and transactional procurement, category management, contracts and tenders, supplier relationship management, compliance and governance)
• Understand how procurement generates value and how digitalization contributes to this
• Know best practices in procurement as well as the latest trends in its digitalization
• Ability to mathematically formalize and solve business problems that arise in procurement
• Ability to derive value from data through data science and machine learning
• Ability to apply scientific methods to address a relevant and pressing problem in a real procurement organization
An important learning outcome marks the creation of new knowledge through a close collaboration between academics and practitioners from the CPO club through joint workshops, industry seminars, and thesis projects.