Internships and Student Counselling
Between fulfilling academic requirements and preparing practically for your professional career, being a student can be complicated sometimes.
You may experience unexpected and stressful life events during your time as a student. If this happens, you might need a little flexibility for one or two assignments in order to keep on track for success in your study programme. You might also need someone to advocate for you and provide guidance and information about University of Luxembourg student services.
The Student Counsellor is there to support you during your time at the Faculty and also to make your transition to the job market smooth and successful.
What kinds of services are available?
- Academic Counselling
- Internship and Career Counselling
- Job Market Advice
You may consider academic counselling services if you are experiencing difficulty with specific coursework, course load, or need someone to guide you towards available resources.
The Student Counsellor can help you in the following ways:
- Provide guidance regarding the course syllabus, identify and discuss academic issues which could be roadblocks to success.
- Conduct individual counselling sessions to assist with problems or concerns.
- Provide support in developing an academic programme which leads towards a desired professional outcome.
- Review academic progress and discuss obstacles barriers to learning.
- Review academic records and progress as required for students with academic difficulties and transfer students.
- Liaise with the SPA, Inclusion officer, or Admission team as necessary.
Need more help?
To support you during difficult times, Student Counselling offers free, confidential counselling support. You can access one-time or short-term support, either in-person or virtually.
How to make an appointment?
Please contact the Student Counsellor to schedule your first appointment.
Tel: (00352) 46 66 44 5201