The University of Luxembourg ranks among the 251-300 best universities in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Ranking 2022. The University is positioned among the top 18% of universities evaluated by THE.
1,662 universities were ranked in the current edition (+135 compared to the prior year). The 2022 rankings are based on data from 2021.
The Times Higher Education World University Ranking is based on 13 indicators, grouped into five areas: Teaching (the learning environment); Research (volume, income and reputation); Citations (research influence); International outlook (staff, students and research); and Industry income (knowledge transfer).
The University of Luxembourg scores for THE World University Ranking 2022 are as follows:
- Research: The University improves its score in the Research category to 39.2 – the highest value ever reached by the University;
- Industry Income: The University improves its score in Industry Income to47.3 – also the highest score ever achieved by the University;
- International Outlook: With a score of 99.5 in the International Outlook category, the University of Luxembourg consolidates its place among the world leaders;
- Teaching: In the Teaching category, the University score changes from 35.7 to 33;
- Citations: in the Citations category, the score moves from 73.2 to 65.7.
Rankings by subject 2022
- Computer Science: The University of Luxembourg is positioned 93 in Computer Science. This year’s table includes 891 universities, up from 827 last year.
- Law: The University of Luxembourg reached the 92nd position in Law among 257 universities worldwide. It is the first time that the University is listed in this subject category, and it is one of three newcomers among the top 100 in Law.
- Life Sciences: Uni.lu is ranked in the 101-125 first universities in Life Sciences (position unchanged).
- Engineering: Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg in the 126-150 category. This year’s table includes 1188 universities, up from 1098 last year.
- Psychology: Uni.lu ranks in the 126-150 first universities (up from 151-175 last year).
- Social sciences: Uni.lu is among the 176-200 first universities worldwide in Social sciences (up from 201-250 in the prior year edition). This year’s table includes 870 universities, up from 791 last year.
- Education: Uni.lu is ranked among the 176-200 first universities worldwide (up from 201-250). This year’s table includes 597 universities, up from 537 last year.
- Physical Sciences: Uni.lu is ranked in the 201-250 first universities in Physical Sciences (compared to 151-175 last year).
- Arts and Humanities: Uni.lu is positioned in the 201–250 rank, unchanged from 2021. This year’s table includes 606 universities, up from 565 last year.
- Business and Economics: Uni.lu is ranked 251-300, compared to 201-250 a year earlier. This year’s table includes 795 universities, up from 729 last year.
Young University Rankings 2021
The University of Luxembourg ranks 20th in the most recent edition (published on 24 June 2021) of the Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2021, after ranking 12th in 2020 and 17th in 2019.
About Times Higher Education
Times Higher Education evaluates world-class universities and covers the full range of a top university’s essential areas of activity (research; interaction with business; international outlook; teaching environment). Times Higher Education’s data is trusted by governments and universities, and is a vital resource for students, helping them choose where to study.
The University of Luxembourg has been ranked since 2016 in Times Higher Education.