The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a multilingual and interdisciplinary character, ranked among the top 250 universities in the world by the Times Higher Education Ranking. On Saturday 18 March from 9.30 to 16.00, Belval Campus of the University of Luxembourg will be wide open for the annual Open Day 2023. High school students, future and current students and all those interested in higher education and research are invited.
The Open Days attract roughly 3,000 visitors each year. An exhaustive programme will allow visitors to discover study programmes and enrolment requirements, the campus, student accommodation as well as research activities. The programme includes:
- presentations of the University and its study programmes,
- guided tours of the Belval Campus, the Luxembourg Learning Centre, the student residences, the Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB), the medical teaching unit and the new “Halle d’essais des ingénieurs”,
- information stands on study programmes, the Student Services (SEVE), student associations as well as many local partners,
- presentation of research activities.
Currently about 6,000 students and more than 1,000 doctoral students from 130 countries are enrolled at the University of Luxembourg. The range of studies includes 17 bachelor’s programmes, 46 master’s programmes, 16 vocational or lifelong learning courses as well as four doctoral schools. The University’s new study programmes starting this automn are:
- four “Bachelors en Sciences Infirmières – Spécialités“,
- the “Bachelor en Formation Pédagogique“,
- the “Master en Droit des Fonds d’Investissement (LL.M.)“,
- the “Erasmus Mundus Joint Master in Cybersecurity“,
- the “Master in High-Performance Computing“,
- a track “Mathematical Modelling and Computational Sciences” within the “Master in Mathematics”.
Registration to the event is not necessary. The detailed program for the day and all additional information are available on openday.uni.lu.