The Luxembourg Centre for Contemporary and Digital History (C²DH) and the University of Luxembourg Alumni Network are pleased to invite you to the round table “Social media in politics”.
Politicians, communication professionals and scientists will discuss the use and impact of online social media in politics. What are the advantages and also the risks for politicians in using social media? What are the best practices, especially when it comes to choosing communication platforms and identifying a target audience? How are discussions and feedback monitored, and how are the impact and success of online communication evaluated and measured?
The event will address these questions, offering an opportunity to explore different perspectives and share experience and expertise on a topic that has become central to democracy and citizenship.
Please note that the main language of the event is French, although questions may be asked in English.
Doors open from 11:45
Light refreshments will be served before the event
12:15 Word of welcome
- Andy Adams, Alumni Relations Specialist uni.lu
- Dr Valérie Schafer, Professor at the C²DH, University of Luxembourg
12:20-12:30 Presentation of the speakers
12:30-12:45 Introduction by Dr Fabienne Greffet
12:45-13:30 Round table
Moderation: Dr Valérie Schafer
- Djuna Bernard, Member of the Chamber of Deputies and leader of the party Déi Gréng
- Sven Clement, Member of the Chamber of Deputies for the Pirate Party Luxembourg
- Dr Fabienne Greffet, lecturer and research supervisor (HDR) in political science at the IAE Nancy School of Management, Université de Lorraine
- Dr Raphaël Kies, researcher at the University of Luxembourg
- Clara Moraru, Deputy General Secretary of the CSV Party, Doctoral researcher at the University of Luxembourg
- Ben Olinger, Creative Director at the advertising agency Moskito
13:30-14:00 Question and answer session