Health, Security and Safety Office
The Health, Security and Safety Office has been created in order to coordinate and enhance procedures and resources in relation to health, safety and security.
Health, Security and Safety Office activities:
- Define and implement a Safety Office concept and organization,
- Establish an occupation Safety Policy for the entire University community,
- Perform risk analysis and associate prevention measures,
- Inventory the hazardous workplaces in collaboration with the occupational physician service,
- Inform and advise in terms of occupational safety,
- Set-up a network of correspondents, relaying and promoting the occupational safety, within the faculties, interdisciplinary centres and departments facing particular risks,
- Organise occupational safety trainings of employees on specific topics (biological safety, laser safety, electrical hazards, forklift, cranes…),
- Promote safety at work,
- Implement safety procedures, instructions and guidelines (e.g. protection of pregnant women, work accident…),
- Perform ergonomic evaluations of workplaces,
- Communicate information to employees regarding dedicated safety topics (e.g. Limpertsberg offices situation),
- Set-up a management policy for both lab and regular waste, compliant with local regulation.