Each profile has a set of required courses and a set of related (optional) courses associated with it. A student realises a profile if she/he has successfully validated all the required courses in a profile.
To obtain the master degree, a student must realise at least one profile. By limiting the number of required courses in each semester we ensure that the student can pursue multiple profiles if she/he desires so.
Note that the set of profiles is not static. Indeed additional profiles may be introduced to accommodate student, professor or industry needs.
Information Security profile
After successful completion of this profile the student will be able to
- explain the principles and techniques of information security
- identify multiple applications for information security
- apply the most important standards and methods related to the management of information security in a given context
- know the state-of-the-art and thereby pursue life-long learning of new developments in information security
- Algorithms for Numbers and Public-Key Cryptography
- Principles of Security Engineering
- Symmetric Key Cryptography and Security of Communications
- Cryptocurrencies and the Cryptographic Blockchain
- Security Modelling
- Security Protocols (taking Formal Methods before this course is advised)
- Fault and Intrusion Tolerance
- Management of Information Security
- Open Network Security