The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance is delighted to announce that the Luis y Antonio Portabella Foundation will be offering a grant to support 10 students of the University of Luxembourg.
The aim of this grant is to enable students to pursue their university studies and complete their degree programme in the best possible conditions. The students must be registered at the University, either for an Academic or Professional Bachelor’s degree (from the second semester onwards) or for a Master’s programme.
The grant is aimed solely at deserving students experiencing social and financial difficulties.
It is intended to cover accommodation expenses in a university residence and/or the general cost of living. In addition to university residences, we also accept accommodation provided by the City of Esch or by the LISEL association. The grant may be allocated either for accommodation expenses or for living costs, or for both together.
If you are in financial difficulty and think you could be eligible for this grant, you can apply by sending the documents to FDEF.BoursePortabella@uni.lu by 22 November 2023 at the latest:
- Proof of accommodation in a university residence (or City of Esch or LISEL),
- A transcript of grades (for Bachelor students from their second semester onwards and for all Master students. The transcript should be from the University of Luxembourg or from the institution where they completed their first semester or first degree),
- A signed letter of recommendation from your professor/study director,
- An explanation of your financial and social situation (no more than 1 page),
- A CV (with student ID),
- Indicate how many semesters you still need to complete your Master’s or Bachelor’s degree.
All applications will be carefully considered, and you will receive a reply in early January.