Mobility Incoming exchange students

What can you study?

Exchange agreements in study areas

You have to be nominated by your home university to a specific study programme at the University of Luxembourg.

Your university must have an agreement in your study area. Contact the international office at your home university to find out which study areas are included in an agreement between our universities.

Please note that some study courses are multilingual and require knowledge of more than one language.

Internship: An internship is only possible in addition to studies, and only in case the internship is a mandatory part of the study programme in which the incoming exchange student is nominated. The internship has to be planned before arrival (included in the Learning Agreement) and officially confirmed by the course director.

Thesis research: You will not be considered as an incoming exchange student. You yourself have to find and contact a supervisor for your research at the University of Luxembourg, who must then contact the HR department at the University.

Language requirements

Students must be able to follow lectures and write exams in the teaching language of their chosen courses.

We recommend a minimum of B2 level (CEFR) in the main teaching language of your selected study programme.

In your application, you must provide either an international language certificate, or a document Confirmation of Language Skills signed by the responsible person at your home university.