Committee for Reasonable Adjustments
Following the introduction of the new law in July 2018, Joanna West was designated as Chair of Reasonable Adjustment Committee.
In this capacity, she is also a member of the University Council (with a consultative vote).
Her role is established by Art. 11 of the law (Loi du 27 juin 2018) and includes the creation and presidency of the committee for reasonable adjustments following Art. 38 and 39 of the same law, composed of a member of the rectorate, a programme director by faculty, two members of the student delegation, nominated by the University council.
The goal of the committee is to work together to ensure the necessary and appropriate modifications are in place to support students with a specific need concerning their studies and their personal well-being.
The committee is composed as follows:
- Joanna West, Chair (Team Leader of Student Services)
- Prof. Dr Catherine Léglu, Vice-Rector for academic affairs (Member of the rectorate)
- Michael Scheuern, Senior lecturer (Programme director of FSTM)
- Prof. Dr Luca Ratti, Associate professor in European and comparative labour law (Programme director of FDEF)
- Prof. Dr Justin Powell, Full professor (Programme director of FHSE)
- Leonid Gnutov, Member of the student delegation (FSHE)
- Jinyuan Wang, Member of the student delegation (FSHE)
- Marcela Zambrano (Inclusion Specialist – Psychologist)
The Committee is dedicated to fostering inclusion throughout the 3 campuses – in classrooms, offices, residence halls, laboratories, and every other place where people learn, research and work. The Committee will endeavor to advance the University of Luxembourg’s commitment to a respectful and barrier-free working and learning environment.
As part of this work, the Committee invites staff, students and partners to work in collaboration to promote a culture of inclusivity.
If you would like more information or would like to discuss your situation please send us an email